Etsy Mini

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Catching Up

Tuesday, February 3rd, 2015

Wakey wakey at 8:00.  Been up and at it since then.  Had a smoothie for breakfast, took my pills...funny, Sweetheart said, "Your stomach has really gone down," and I took it as a compliment!

Yesterday I had to scurry.  I had sold a Critter, and I was sure I had it in stock.  I looked and looked, then remembered we had family over after Christmas, and I always gift the girls, young and old, with a Critter of their choice.  I must have gifted that one, and forgot to take it out of my listings.  I started early and finished late, but it was perfect, and out the door this morning.

Today I am working on another order. I'm late in sending it but after a chat with the customer, it's all good.  It's a Christmas present for her mother, so no real deadline.  It'll go out tomorrow or the next day.

I have another project, learning another valuable lesson again.  Never use the good stuff for the first try.  Fortunately the things I need to change are minimal...gotta stop getting into a rush with new stuff.  I just get so excited when a new idea is beginning to take shape...step back and think, I gotta remember that.


A customer contacted me to see if I could enlarge my elephant pattern.  We do have a print shop in town that can enlarge, so yes, yes I can.  The smallest is the original, they go up 1/2 size from there.  All three are made with merino wool felt (which if I haven't mentioned, I love to work with) and both the customer and myself were very satisfied with them.


A new pattern, Goat.  I made this one for a good friend of mine.  He has 2 goats, and his favorite color is camo.  He was surprised.  I love doing that.  

I made a gray one for another friend of mine.  Told him I made it just for him, because he is a gray old goat, too.  Made his wife laugh, made him blush.  Mission accomplished.  


Right about the same time as I was contacted about the elephants, another customer requested an enlarged Lazy Pony, only done in tea-dyed muslin.  His wife had tried to buy one like it at an antique store, but the price was too high for her.  That was the first time I had tea-dyed anything.  I used a very chunky yarn for the mane and tail, I was very pleased with how it turned out.  Haven't heard from the customer yet...not going to fret about it, though.

So...that kinda catches us up for now.  I better get to "work."  

Play Nice!  xxoo



No comments:

Post a Comment