Etsy Mini

Thursday, May 28, 2015

When I'm old

I'm thinking about what it is going to be like for me when I am "old."

While Sweetheart and I had folks in the Nursing Home, their favorite channel to watch was TCM, Turner Classic Movies. Those were movies of their time.

I am 55 years old.  I wondered what movies would be on TCM then?  My range of movie remembering is about 53.5 years...the movies I'd like to see in circulation at that time would be...

The Wizard of Oz.  Goes without saying.  When Dorothy opens the door to the colorful world of Munchkin Land...there is nothing better.  No matter how many times I see it, the anticipation of h er opening that door is the same for me, every time.

To Kill A Mockingbird.  The best.

Big Fish.  I love how all the stories were true.  What a life, he lived it to the fullest.

TV Shows...I love the 1950-1970 genre.  From Andy Taylor and Theodore Cleaver, and many more in between, These shows chronicled the life and times as we were living it.  All In The Family...Maude...controversial.

Oh, can NOT forget The Golden Girls.  Nope.  No show like it, never will be.

These TV channels that are showing the nostalgic shows, they know what's going on.  Watching a show or movie that you watched 20-30-40 years ago takes you back there.  You remember where you saw it the first time, who you were with...each one holds a memory of a safer and simpler time.

Play Nice!  xxoo

1 comment:

  1. I whole heartedly agree! Although I'd have to throw in some shows from the 80's and 90 (while I was raising my kids). I love all those icky, creepy creeps like Twilight Zone, Night Gallery, The Outer Limits and oh so many more.....I know, I'm tweaked! But I also love the Little House on the Prarrie's, the other Michael Landon show where he was an angel. I know...misspellings all over the place...but you get the idea! God Forbid I'd have to share a t.v. with a room full of other folks! Nope!!!! That would surely drive me nuts!

    ReplyDelete