Etsy Mini

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Things runnin' through my head...

Had the day off from Fine Tooth Comb, the city was repaving Main Street, and since our business is on Main Street, we didn't anticipate much business today.

I was able to get a few things done today with my day off, ran some errands, visited with a friend, home in my jammies.

Opening up the groom shop was pretty nerve-wracking to say the least.  We had 2 customers, friends, on opening day.  We had a couple of dead days, which are discouraging, and we've had some full-house days, which are exciting.

There was a write up in the local paper about us, when we first opened, and that really got the word going around, then a customer would recommend us to their friend, and so on and so on, not one single bad review, and they all say they are coming back.  Pretty easily done when the groomer is a professional, one of the best, in my opinion.  We've had quite a few return customers as well.


Before and After - Bella

There are many more before and afters on our Fine Tooth Comb page on Facebook. 

My little canines, Karma and Maria, they enjoy going to work with me every day.  Maria is so protective of me, we're working on that, and she's very vocal, working on that, too.  

Karma Carmella - age 12

Maria Jane - age 1.5

Both of them enjoy a soak in the sun moment.


On the Cosmo side of my life, I have a display set up at FTC.

There are more Critters on it now.  

That's a Knick Knack shelf that used to separate the kitchen and the dining room in the home I grew up in.  I've kept it all these years, probably since 1997 at least.



I've been concentrating on canines, since I'm displaying them in the groom shop.  These are Stripey Chihuahua, Red embossed felt Dachshund, Nose To the Ground Camo Hunting Dog, and the All American Hound Dog.  All in various stages of finishing up, soon to be included in my Etsy shop, Handmade by Cosmo.

My Air Force family are still in Germany, all of them growing up so fast! This is the farthest away from each other than we have ever been, and if it weren't for Skype, I would probably be insane.  

On a hike in Germany.

And doing fun things, like meeting "the real" Rapunzel.

Plus, she's taken a dance class, gymnastics, and now she is taking a Karate class.  She asked if she could.  She also asked if she could have her ears pierced.  She continues to grow and be smart and funny...I just love everything about her, and I miss them all like crazy.  We send each other packages of stuff now and then, so fun.  I'm ready for them to come home, though.  Like...today.

That should probably get you caught up pretty well.  Over here we're livin' life and doing the best we can.  

Play Nice!  xxoo

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to see you doing something you are obviously good at. It makes all the difference when you love what you do. As for missing your family while they are stationed in Germany? I may know a thing or two about how that feels also.

    ReplyDelete