Etsy Mini

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Tragedy

I have never been to a child's funeral.  I won't be able to say that after tomorrow.

My son's girlfriend's sister accidentally killed herself this week.  The funeral is tomorrow.  My heart has been aching for them since this happened.  My son has been with them, taking care of them, listening to them...So sad.

Depression in teenagers needs to be watched, they don't have the life experiences to know that things change and can get better.  They think how they feel right then is how they are always going to feel.  Forever.

I can't help but put myself in her parent's shoes to an extent.  I don't know how I would react had this been my child, but I don't think it would have been much different than theirs.  The cries of sadness and regret from the bottom of their broken hearts...I'm holding back tears, and have caught myself doing this many, many times this week.

Taking your own life isn't the answer, unless you want to completely devastate your family and friends, because they are the ones left behind to mourn you.  Most of them won't even know that you felt as badly as you do.  They'll wonder what they could have done, they will blame themselves, each and every one of them, and they will carry that guilt with them for the rest of their lives.

TEXT TRAINED CRISIS COUNSELORS ABOUT

ANYTHING THAT’S ON YOUR MIND.


TEXT “GO” TO 741741


FREE, 24/7, CONFIDENTIAL.


No comments:

Post a Comment