Etsy Mini

Saturday, February 18, 2017

Another Legend Gone

Our sweet Aunt Betty passed away this morning.  I have been corrected, she was 93.  I can only imagine the reunion in heaven right now.

There are so many stories to tell about her, she was the oldest kid, she and my mom were best friends.  She came to stay with us when my sisters were born, she took care of me when I ran away and ended up in Texas.  I will miss her singing Happy Birthday to me, I will miss her cards and letters, but I'm keeping all the love we shared in my heart.

My middle sister, MB, and I will be making a road trip for the funeral.  We've driven 3 times to see her since 2007, once all our kids were old enough to function without us for a couple days.



The house they lived in for so many years was demolished a few years ago.
Habitat for Humanity built them a new one, and it is so nice!
The one before, was falling down around them.

She'd always decorate her mailbox or porch when we came to visit.
She and Uncle Sidney lived right across from the school.
This was their afternoon activity, to sit out on the porch and wave to the kids.

Gonna miss her.  

Play Nice!  xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment