Etsy Mini

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Cooking!

I am making a healthy meal in my crock pot this morning.  Found this recipe, adding a little cauliflower and zucchini chunks.  Feeling optimistic on how it will turn out.

Still have a bit of groin ache today, but not as sharp as yesterday.  Bearing through it.  Making progress every day.  Sweetheart said I looked better yesterday.  I've been taking a picture every day after my shower, just for myself.  Want to record my progress.

Sweetheart has headed to the golf course, rain is in the forecast, but there should be enough for cards if the rains do interrupt their golf game.  I miss the guys, but not ready to get out in the world yet.

Gotta go to 2 doctor appts. on Monday.  One to a cardiac doc in Lee's Summit, one to my primary care physician in Archie.  Start Cardiac Rehab at the hospital here in town on Wednesday.

I can feel myself getting stronger every day...small progresses, but sure.

Snacked on some delicious black grapes yesterday, and had some cucumber chunks with just a bit of Ranch dressing last night.  

I'd like to say I'm looking forward to getting back to "normal," but since this "incident" my "normal" will be anything but.  Not getting back to normal, becoming who I am supposed to be is what's next on my agenda.  I have to say, I was given plenty of chances to change but was defiantly resistant.   I am taking this "thump on the head" seriously.  I'm anxious to see what the next phase of my life will be, with me being happy with myself, healthy and free from a bunch of self afflicted addictions that have plagued me for so long.

None of the golfers showed up at the golf course today.  No calls, either.  Seems rude to me.  Sweetheart is home, helping me with laundry and stuff.  I feel bad for him, but he's ok.

Just did the shredding of the chicken and added the rest of the ingredients.  Gonna let it cook a bit longer on low...I took a little taste, it was darn good.

It is so weird to not be working on any projects with my hands.  Not even coloring.  The incision on my right wrist is healing, but still pretty sore, and repetitive movement will just aggravate it, and me.

Had a small bowl of  my crock pot concoction, and it was deluxe.  I hope Sweetheart and Young Son will give it a try,

Gonna hit the feathers in a bit.

Play Nice!  xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment