Etsy Mini

Thursday, May 4, 2017

Habits

I'm wondering, what do you usually have on in the background/listen to when you are doing your craft/art/creating?

"Back in the Day" when I was a youngster, (I wonder how many of you will understand this next part) I'd borrow cassettes from the library of old radio plays, The Shadow, Charley McCarthy, all of those, whatever was available.  I loved Phil Harris and Alice Faye...anyway, I'd pop one of those into the cassette player, put on my huge headphones, press PLAY, and do my embroidery while I listened.  Old habits, I guess.  I do the same thing now, just with more technology.  Fibber McGee and Molly are my favorites at the moment.

I also found something cool, and y'all probably already knew it, but audio books on YouTube.  I listened to a motivational book last night while I was putting a puzzle together online.

Manifesting Your Dreams...such an interesting concept.  If I ever had the courage to speak from my very heart and ask for what I truly want, I believe I have a bit of work to do before that could happen, but then again, that's just me standing in my own way... Interesting concept.

Play Nice!  xxoo





2 comments:

  1. Ah cassettes! We always made sure to have a pencil nearby. LOL I usually listen to a variety of music. Classic Rock, the 80's, country, whatever lifts my spirits. I knew about audiobooks, but not on YouTube. I'll have to check that out! Always nice to read your thoughts and what you are up to. :-) JKR

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm old enough to remember cassettes too! I had my first Spice Girls album on cassette. I think I listened to it until it became dust. :)

    ReplyDelete