My Favorite Quote

The Possibilities Are Endless!

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Something Clever About 2014...

Hmmm, I've been sitting here this morning, reading all my friends' status updates about the new year, and what they are going to do differently.  It glows my heart to read that so many are going to strive to be more positive, good and kind this year.

The way this old planet is spinning, things that are happening here, it's easy to get wrapped up in all the fear mongering of the media, and the lies we're told on a daily basis.

I believe that being kind is an energy that radiates out from you.  For every kind thing you do or say, that energy gets a little stronger and a little stronger, and it moves out over the people in your close surroundings.  They get some of yours, theirs gets a little stronger, then they, too are activating it in others...like a big wave of niceness.

Like those videos we share, how doing one nice thing for one person, they do something nice for someone, and it just grows and grows...

One of my friends said that her mantra for 2014 is going to be "Attitude is Everything," and that's so true.  You set the tone for the day the moment you open your eyes in the morning.  You can decide right then and there that this is going to be a good day.  Doesn't mean that you'll be walking on rose petals, but it sure does help the day go by a bit smoother.

Don't start your day by dreading and worrying about things that may or may not happen.  Yeah, you may not like all the people you encounter, and some of them may really frustrate you, but you already know this is a possibility, one that you can't control.  You can, however, choose how you will react to it.  Decide that whatever they do, you will simply get a chuckle out of it.  Out shopping one day, we were making our way to a check-out line.  A lady saw us coming and hurried to get in front of us, elbows out.  We looked at each other and laughed, stopped and let her be "first," and let it go.

Does another driver need to switch lanes, if it's possible, why not let them?    Is it worth being upset over one second later to wherever you are going?

Go read over some of your status updates...are you sending a positive message, or negative?

Just some of my thoughts this morning.  I'm positive this is going to be a Happy New Year, every day.

xxoo

6 comments:

  1. Love this post! You are so right, Attitude is Everything! I will be taking a lot of deep breaths this year...trying not to react to things I find unpleasant. As long as I have people like you in my life, I can make it through many ups and downs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not planning to go anywhere anytime soon, unless we decide to head in your direction. ;)

      Delete
  2. GOOD one, Cindy!! I will try to remember it as I head off into the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy, I notice in most of your comments that you live what you are talking about. I caught that about you early on. It's always uplifting to read your posts. I especially love your nicknames.. I chuckle every time I read them..Thanks for the great reminder, it is so true.

    ReplyDelete