My Favorite Quote

The Possibilities Are Endless!

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween, 2013

I'm not dressing up this year, but I may spray my hair a different color tonight...maybe not.

There was this one Halloween, it's been a few years now...oh wait, *insert wavy flashback sequence here*

Back in the day when I was enjoying my life experience as being a single mom...I had WebTV, I was working as a lunch lady at the high school from 10:00 am until 1:00, at the Pro-Shop & was a waitress at the restaurant upstairs, as well as working in a convenience store starting at 5 am until 10:00 am.  The kids and I had a 3 BR apt. with woods in the back...tire swing in the back yard, life was about as good as we could have wished for, and we were so happy.

Another single mom moved into the duplex next door.  She put on a "Southern Belle" personality, you know, she thrived on being the dumb blond with her nails done.  We struck up a friendship, as single moms do.  I got her a job at the school, I got her a job at the country club...it worked well until she decided she wanted to take my place...so she got me fired from the country club, and tried to make a ruckus at school, but I had already found other employment to take the place of all the jobs I was working.

Anyway...*close flashback*

This was probably in 2003 or 4, cell phones were just coming out, and I had one through work.  I left it home when I took Young Son trick-r-treating.  When we came home, I saw that I had a couple calls from this former friend's ex-husband, which was odd because he had never called me before, despite what she thought..

The next morning, my former friend was found dead from a drug overdose.  It wasn't him calling me, it was her.  This still freaks me out, but I know if I was supposed to have been available to her, I would have been.
~~~
When my mother was a little girl, the family lived in North Missouri, Stanberry, to be exact.  Sweetheart owns some farm land up in that area.  One day, his farm business needed his attention, we took a little trip.

A few months before my mother was born, her older sister passed away from Diphtheria.  Being poor, she was buried in an unmarked grave.  While we were there on business, we thought we'd see if we could find the cemetery.  We drove down an old road, there was a cemetery on each side of the road.  We saw an older lady walking down the side, so we pulled  up next to her.

She turned to speak to us.  She was wearing a straw hat, and had the most beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen.  I was looking into an ocean, clean and blue.  We asked her where Cooper's Cemetery was, she replied that she wasn't from around there, she'd only been there about 3 weeks.  Her smile, her eyes, we said thanks, and drove down the road to turn around, both of us saying, "What?"  "Did you see that?"

When we turned the car around, she was gone.  No homes around, just 2 cemeteries.  We knew for sure we'd spoken with an angel.

Have you ever had anything happen to you that you couldn't exactly explain?  I'd like to hear about it!

Play Nice!  xxoo

2 comments:

  1. You were a hard working single mom! I applaud you. Its weird how things work out, I guess how they are meant to be. I'm not a halloween fan at all, never even as a child.
    I enjoyed reading this post. Unexplained, unimaginable, unreal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know about the old woman!!!

    ReplyDelete