My Favorite Quote

The Possibilities Are Endless!

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Another New Beginning!

My daughter's little family made it to Germany safely, they've lived in 3 hotel rooms in a month, finally today their household goods arrived!  They have rented a super cute place, 4 bedrooms, sheep next door, it's life in Germany for them!


I wouldn't dare lie and say that I don't miss the pitter patter of Delightful Delilah's feet when she'd come in to wake me up in the mornings.  I miss that, I miss convos with my Darling Danielle, but soon we'll be skyping and all will be well.  I miss hearing their voices.

Little Miss D fell and had to have five stitches underneath her chin.  Makes a grandma's heart ache being so far away!

We still have their pets, they should be sending for them shortly.
 
That's Margot, Ben's cat (my dog, Karma)
Otis (the big one), Karma, and Rilo

So, about the new beginning.  It's a new/old group on FB.  A bunch of us crafty type folks are reconnecting and it's awesome.  It's called Handmade Creations.  HMC for short.  If you are crafty person, if you've been thinking about opening up an Etsy shop, or just want some honest feedback on what you make, we're a pretty nice buncha folks, if I do say so myself, come join us.

I had the idea a bit ago to try making some of my Critters from muslin.  Actually, they turned out pretty darn cool.  A flying pig is flying in a bar/grill here in town.  Let's see if I can find a couple pics.
This was a WIP pic, that's the Lazy Horsey, done in Muslin, with a cream colored mane.  

That is a squirrel, in case you couldn't tell.

This is a squirrel, done in embossed felt.

This is the Lazy Horsey, completed.

So, I've been somewhat creative, still kinda floundering to find my new "normal."  I have an order to make a Dragon for a sweet young boy that will finally talk with me, after a year of being shy...and a puppy and a kitty for one of my golfer girl's granddaughter.  

I got my hair cut super short, like just about crew cut short.  I like it but I don't think anyone else does.  I don't like having to fuss with my hair and I don't like when the wind blows my hair.  Wanna see how short?  Do ya?  I know you do...
It's grown out a bit by now.  This was taken same day.  
Yeah, that's me.  
There is a lot of mean stuff going on out in this world, do your best to not be a part of that.  In other words:  

Play Nice!  xxoo

3 comments:

  1. She's BAAAAA-AAAACKKKKK!! As always, an uplifting Blog entry. Makes me feel as if I am right there in the same room with you, sharing a cold beverage of the friendly sort. Love your photo of DD, and I think your squirrel is amazing. That tail is just flicking and moving all over the place. And your hair - a fabulous do for the hot sticky weather ahead. No pun intended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great story,

    and i feel the same about the new HMC

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is like home here...if I could I would cut all my hair off too! You are getting your groove back!

    ReplyDelete