My Favorite Quote

The Possibilities Are Endless!

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Where Have I Been?

Life has continued in my little slice of Heaven on Earth.

We have my daughter's pets until this coming Saturday.  Sweetheart and I are waking up super early to take them to the airport, which is about a 2 hr drive from our house...luckily it is on a Saturday morning, we won't have to deal with any rush-hour traffic.

I haven't had to drive in it for awhile, It has been quite a few years.  When I was young and foolish, I'd drive anywhere, any time, shoot, I took off to St. Louis from Independence in the middle of a huge snowstorm once, and I made it, too.

Nowadays, nope.  Driving through the city is too much for me to do, I even had a friend drive my car downtown to pick Delilah up from a wedding so her parents could stay.  His girlfriend came, they sat in the front, D and I sat in the back.  I would never have found that place, I promise.

I know a lot of you are thinking I should consult my GPS...and I agree, just haven't been able to get it to work yet.  I'll try on the way to the airport this weekend.

Off they will be flying, to Germany.  What a fiasco getting all their paperwork processed.  I have to say that I am pleased with my dealings with the USDA in Topeka, KS.  Catherine, if by chance you come across this, I really respect what you do.  Those forms were a conundrum for me...for you to be able to keep that straight x a bazillion of the same thing at the same time...and was pleasant the whole time, too.  I appreciate that.

I've been cranking out the Critters with all this new time on my hands.  I am enjoying feeling creative again, and Maria, while a bit anxious at times, is still my number one girl.  I think once her "partner in peskiness," Rilo, has gone home to her mother, Maria will calm down a bit.  Not sure, but seems like Rilo is the first bark I hear, usually.

Back to business/Critters...I received a very cool light box from my Darling Daughter for my birthday, and I have been using it.  I realized that I had many more Critters than I thought, and didn't have pics of  quite a few of them.

Here's the set up in my sewing room.  It's a little makeshift, but it works. 

As you can see up at the top of this post, the pics of my Critters, I've added quite a few.  You might want to clickety over and take a look at them, especially my Christmas Critters for this year.  A couple of retro from last year's Christmas Critters.  If you do, let me know in the comments which of my Critters you think would be a good Christmas Critter.  

Thanks for stopping by, I'll be back soon.  

Play Nice!  xxoo





1 comment: