My Favorite Quote

The Possibilities Are Endless!

Thursday, August 29, 2024

(Please read to the end.)

Tomorrow is my birthday, level 65!  

Because of attaining this milestone of life, at this moment I am stuck in a boggy mire of medical insurance,  Now I have medicare but I have to pay for it, applied for medicaid but for some reason the forms I filled out at the office were not turned in.  (The girl behind the glass doesn't care for me).  Had to reapply, which takes 90 days to be approved.  No doubt I will be approved, but until this situation is handled I am a couple hundred dollars short on my monthly "paycheck."  

When something like this happens, something that is completely out of my control but has everything to do with me, I tend to retreat back into myself a little bit, to ponder about the situation, and my possible ways to resolve it.  

I had my budget pretty well worked out, and was covered by insurance with no cost to me, so what I'm needing to do is find a way to supplement that couple hundred dollars back into my pocket.  It's not much, and honestly I can get by without it, but it's a "bare bones" existence.  I'm very familiar with this existence, only recently feeling that I was doing much better.  The amount of $$ in my bank account at the end of the month was bigger every month...so, I need to do something to bring that amount of money in to continue to move forward.  I don't want to stop, and I don't want to move backwards.

I applied for a job here in town, checked in on it this week, but haven't heard from anyone,  I'm sure my age could be a red flag, but trust me, I have plenty of life left.   

So...my point.  While I ponder, I stitch.  

The first of  these are not stuffed yet, stuffing comes tomorrow.  These will all be available next week.  If you want to dib one of them now, feel free!  I'm selling them for $5 each + $6 s/h.  Just a note, I believe I can get 2 in a box without the shipping going up.  

This one is made of faux leather, that looks like its been tooled.  The brown eyes and the inside of the ears are brown velvet.  Very textural.  

 
This one, too, is faux leather, in a woven look, in various shades of blue.  Beautiful blue eyes and inside of ears are a lighter blue felt.  Again quite a nice texture.

All wrapped up with a bow on top...this one is red velvet, with white felt eyes and ears.  The appliqued gift is an ivory colored felt with a green felt ribbon.

Almost Halloween!  Black felt with bright yellow felt cat shaped eyes, orange ears and appliqued pumpkin.  

This cutie in gold velvet with appliqued felt leaves.  The appliqued acorn is pleather and felt.  
(This one is stuffed)

And this crazy little one with the tuft of hair.  Pink and black and cute all over.

I hope you have read this far, because in re-reading this is sounds like I am trying to use your sympathy for my financial troubles to make a sale.  Not the case!  Not at all.

I only told you the part about the insurance because it was on my mind and I tend to just let my fingers fly.  It was/is not intended to try to get you to buy a Critter.  I mean, if that were the case I'd be asking more than $5 each, right?  I ponder, I stitch, and the Critters pile up, you know?  I'd much rather you have a little Handmade by Cosmo cutie perched somewhere in your home and/or office that brings a bit of joy to your day!   

Financially, I'll be fine.  Not to brag, but I have been landing on my feet for 64 years and 364 days so far, and I have no intention of stopping anytime soon.  

Play Nice!  
xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment