My Favorite Quote

The Possibilities Are Endless!

Saturday, March 21, 2020

Coronavirus aka Covid19

The virus that stopped the world. 

It started on the 11th, with a little mention about it being in the United States.  The disease started in China in some weird animal they were eating, but I've also heard that there was a secret bio-chem lab in China and some big heads were there working on something...but see, there's the problem.

We have been completely bombarded with stories, rumors, facts, non-facts, fake news and speculations for so long now, we are almost numb to it all.  Someone hears something that sounds "logical" so they re-post it on Facebook.  Without fact checking this just adds to the confusion stew.

Schools are closed, some for the rest of the year.  Restaurants are closed, only delivery or curbside service.  Grocery store shelves, especially Toilet Paper supplies, are empty.  Countless families are out of work, out of money, with worries about utilities, rent, groceries, all those day to day things that they worry about every day, but usually have a set date knowing when they will have the money to take care of those things. 

Social Distancing is now a thing.  6 foot from person to person, and no gatherings over 10 people. 

It is, to coin a phrase, a ClusterFuck, and the entire world is along for the ride.  No one knows when where how or why it will come to an end.  But there has to be a conclusion to every scenario. 

We just don't know.  We do not know.  It's the unknowing that is so unsettling to me. 

Staying indoors, staying home, that's not punishment for me.  I love my home, and those that I share it with.  As long as my Sweetheart can get to the golf course every now and then, I'm gonna have a good day.  We have dinner, find a good program or two to watch, stretch out, have a sleep then get up and do it again. 

I have been in my work-room and I have been busy. 





This was last week.  I was trying to keep my heart and mind in a good, positive place.  These were helpful for me to work on. 




These were from the week before.  Pre Coronavirus.  I guess I was feeling pretty wild, huh?  If I only knew then what was coming...nah, I don't think I would have done anything differently.  We're stocked up for quite a few dinners, hoping we don't have to get out before Wednesday at the earliest.





This was the week before,  that would make it Pre-Pre Coronavirus.  Farm Phase.  I have a super cool rooster, and another cow that I'm working on...

Busy hands are happy hands, says Grandma Baker.  And be sure to wash your darn hands!

Honestly, though.  This is a really good time to rest, reflect, meditate, yoga, you know, all those things you "never had time for" in the "real world."  Let's be thinking about how we can alter things around us to be more gentle, less frantic.  Think, discuss, pray.

And, as always, Play Nice!  xxoo


No comments:

Post a Comment