My Favorite Quote

The Possibilities Are Endless!

Saturday, August 21, 2021

Newly Elder Thoughts

 It's so weird getting to be this age.  I'll be 62 at the end of this month, and my Social Security starts in October.  

I've never been this age before, so now, as ever, I'm just winging this.  We all are.  But wow, I know I don't feel any different than I did my whole life.  I know I'm a lot smarter than I used to be, but I was just winging it then, too.

I am actually looking into 55+ neighborhoods.  

I have to remember to ask for a senior discount, and that is weird as well.  

When the Corona Virus reared it's ugly head, I was surprised when our neighbors came over to check on us.  "We" are now the young elderly in our neighborhood.  

Next time you see an elderly person, try to remember that we are only as old as we feel, and most of us are still very young at heart.  We look "different" but most of us are still sharp as tacks, and can come up with a quick, sassy, sarcastic remark as easily as you youngsters can.  The truth is, we don't hold back, nor care if you approve of anything we have to say or do.  We have earned the right to say what we mean and do what we want.

Play Nice!  xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment