My Favorite Quote

The Possibilities Are Endless!

Monday, August 30, 2021

Happy Birthday to ME!

 Today I turned 62 years old.  Or,as I like to say, Level 62.

Last year for my birthday, he absolutely ignored the whole day, sending gifts to my daughter in Germany for some reason...never wished me a happy birthday, nothing.

So, last week, I had the brilliant idea to fry up a bunch of chicken legs to take to the golf course to celebrate both of our birthdays.  His is 9/3.  That way there would be no way for him to forget.

The chicken legs turned out great!  So many compliments, and I made enough for everyone to have some the next day, too.  

He didn't forget.  He chose not to acknowledge.  He made the same choice this morning. 

Me:  Good Morning
He:  It is a morning.
Me:  *seeing as he's not left or made any coffee for me, I proceed to make it myself..
He:  *goes outside with the dogs, and stood where I couldn't see him from the table.
Me:  *gets up from table to get my coffee.
He:  *goes to his bathroom, chortles and chuckles at himself in the mirror.
Me:  *went to take a shower.
He:  *gone to the golf course.

So...I'm curious if he will call me to come have beers with them at the golf course today.  I usually go up when they have 2 more holes to play, fill up a cooler, and we all sit under the shade tree to visit a little bit.  

But...since it's my birthday, and they boys will be give me attention, the narcissist in him can't handle that, so I doubt I will get a call.  

I've learned in this old world that "you get what you give," and this whatever he is of mine is going to get what he gives back.  He has absolutely shredded any feelings of loyalty, friendship, relationship, loving feelings, it's all gone.  

It has taken 8 years, and countless tantrums to totally destroy us.  

And now all I have to do is stay calm, cool and collected.  He is a lost cause.  

I will remind you to Play Nice, but I can't promise that I'm going to, especially the next few days.  xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment