My Favorite Quote

The Possibilities Are Endless!

Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Tuesday Morning Coffee Thoughts

 Sitting here at my kitchen table, having coffee and gazing out the window, thinking my thoughts.

This living alone thing is very nice.  It's not as easy to shake some shackles off, though.

So many preconceived notions about time, especially.  I have been, for most of my adult life, lived by the clock.  I did the same things at the same time every day.  Get up, go to work, come home, eat dinner, bla bla bla.  

Even the last couple years, before the "Stuff," I didn't have a job, but I still did things on a routine basis.  

So now, when I can do whatever I want, whenever I want, I find myself still feeling like 10:00 pm is my bedtime, and my alarm is still set for 8:00 am.  

So, first things first...unless I have to be somewhere the next day, I will not be setting a morning alarm.  Second, I will try to stay up until I feel sleepy, although Greg is pretty used to us hitting the feathers at 10, so he might have an issue with this.  

Meet Greg.  
He had a cone on because he had a wound at the base of his tail.  
He's much better now.

He also has a feel for when wake up time is.  He demonstrated that this morning when he lightly bit the tip of my nose about 3 minutes before the alarm went off.  

Tomorrow will be an alarm day, as it is my payday.  I'll be heading into town to pick up a  grocery/supply order.  Will probably have a quick visit with a couple of my favorite boys, then head back home.  

The next day will be a big laundry day.  I feel lucky to have laundry facilities within walking distance.  Not like having them in my own place, but better than driving to a laundromat, right?  

This is my Kitty Version of Greg
(I kinda love him, check out his white toes)

My son has been telling me to "slow my roll" for a few years now.  I tend to "flit."  Instead of focusing on how I get there, my focus is getting there.  

I start a project, I am bang on gonna work on it until it is finished...then on to the next one.  Especially my wood burnings.  Fast and furious.  I could do a couple in a day...but not as well as if I had actually focused on each line.  While my burnings were good, they are getting so much better.  

I don't know if you can tell the diff or not, but I can.

This is a 11" round hanging plaque, there's plenty of room for a quote, a last name, a word to be burned onto it.  Comes with twine for hanging.  Let me know if you are interested.  

Anyway, I am gonna finish this 2nd cuppa coffee, do my morning chores, run a quick errand, and be home for the rest of the day.  

Play Nice!  xxoo

Handmade by Cosmo

No comments:

Post a Comment