My Favorite Quote

The Possibilities Are Endless!

Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Synchronicity and other thoughts

 I am a firm believer in God, The Universe, fate, destiny, karma...all those things that are definitely "out there" but can't be scientifically pinned to any board.  

In my life, anyway, I've learned to roll with the flow, things happen for reasons that a mere human couldn't control.  Instead of getting fritzed out over something I can do nothing about, now I kinda step back, and tread water, so to speak, to see what happens next in that scenario.  Usually I kinda know or have a feeling about what's going to happen next, but not always.  My sister, Mary, though, she usually knows. 

Anyway, the reason for this is because it was so blatantly right there and it happened so fast, it just keeps running through my brain, so I thought I better sit down and write it out and where better than here?  No one reads it yet, but someday, who knows?  

Anyway.

"My" music.  I realized awhile back that I know the chorus of many, many songs, but the words in between, not so much.  You know, jumbled lyrics and "back in my day" getting the lyrics with the album or cassette was a bonus.  

So, I was driving home one afternoon after being out running errands all day, listening to "my" music and singing the chorus, thinking, since we have the technology, that I would look up all "my" songs lyrics and learn them.  Really learn them.  I have time on my side.

Sidenote:  I have Amazon Prime, and am slowly dabbling into the world of "Alexa," so one day last week I said, "Alexa, play 70s music on Amazon Music."  I have a Kindle Fire.  

Alexa brings up this music, my music, and guess what?  There are the lyrics, right there, lighting up like an OMGosh Karaoke Machine!  

Do you get it?  Do you see what happened right there?  *wink wink nudge nudge*  

Man, I love it so much when that happens!  

Play Nice! xxoo

Greg 


No comments:

Post a Comment