My Favorite Quote

The Possibilities Are Endless!

Thursday, March 16, 2023

Cyber Friendships

02-20-2023

"Thank you for being a friend."

I found out this weekend that one of my friends passed away on Christmas Day, and I've been thinking about this a lot.

We were the kind of friends that cared about each other very much, but didn't visit often.  We hadn't been friends very long, and we only got together in person a handful of times. 

But...at any given moment she or I would send the other a message, or a leave a comment or a heart, in the cyber world, we kept in good contact with each other.  

She had lung cancer, went through all the treatments, got better, it came back.  

The last time we chatted was in the beginning of December, she was restarting treatments.  She would contact me when she was feeling better and could talk more.  After some time had passed  I sent her a message and it was never seen...I put off finding out for sure until I got the courage to contact her daughter.  

She's not on the other side of my screen anymore, and my heart is hurting over the loss.  

You know, that show "Catfish" shows people that have relationships cyberly for years without meeting, only to find out they've been lied to all those years.

I've been lucky.  I have some real, true cyber friends.  We have followed each other's lives from our side of the screen.  We've shared our highs and lows, our ins and outs, supported and gotten support.  They are my friends.

And honestly, since my girl, Dammit Janet, passed away in 2018, and since my departure from my previous life in 2021, I don't have any "real world" friends.  I have family of course, and most of us are pretty close, but you know...that's family.  

I live a pretty reclusive life.  You may have noticed that if you've been reading here a little bit.  I like being home.  More honesty, I am scared to death of trusting anyone in my real life world.   

Update 3-17-23

Back to the Cyber Friendships...

I have a couple of girls, us three have been friends since the early 2000's.  We've lost and mourned, we've achieved and celebrated, we have been there through thick and thin.  

They are the girls I visit with over coffee in the morning.  Even being far away,  that's a connection.  We are not entirely alone.  

Play Nice!  xxoo

I love this guy.  *swoon*


No comments:

Post a Comment