My Favorite Quote

The Possibilities Are Endless!

Monday, February 6, 2023

If it ain't broke...

 A girl at DG wants me to take a cat from one of the employees there.  Not steal it, just re-home it, and I refuse.  She says, "yeah, but Greg needs someone to play with."

No.  If he wants to play, I will play with him.  He has his ways let me know that's what he wants and we will run willy nilly around this place with the wand toy, or we'll throw a toy behind the toy box, we will play.  

She says, "Yeah, but what about when you are gone?  He'll be lonely."

I am pretty much home 24/7.  If I have to go anywhere, I go do what I need to do then I come back home, to my cat.  And I am certain to be home before dark, so my window of being gone is brief.  A "cat nap" amount of time for him.  

I brought Greg into my life for us to be buds to each other.  As much as I love animals, I'm not a rescue unit.  I am a single woman, with one cat.  We are learning each other, both of us are smart and learning quickly, and we enjoy hanging out like we do.  That's it.  

Now, if a cat happens to choose me/us, that's a whole 'nother story.

Random

I decided on Friday that I am officially not going to wear makeup anymore.  I haven't, really, for over a year now, but always thought that maybe if I was doing something special I might, but no.  

Instead I am going to invest what I would spend on makeup on creams that firm this and that on my face.  I'll still have what I lovingly refer to as laugh lines, they just hopefully won't be so deep, and that puffiness under my eyes that I do not refer to in any type of loving way whatsoever, should tighten up a bit.  

Of course, I will have to wait until payday to start this plan of action.  Already have 1 cream lined up, in a cart, ready to go. 

I will call this version  the New Old Real but Improved Me.  

Gad, sometimes I think too much.  Side effect, what can I say?  

I did not wake up to an alarm this morning, but did naturally wake up at 7:58 am.  

Tomorrow I actually have plans to have lunch with my darling daughter's husband's Aunt.  She's cool, and I haven't seen her since the kids left 3 years ago (how can it be that long ago?) so I sent her a "hey how you doin'" type of message, and from there we're meeting for lunch.  

My son-in-law has such an interesting family, and I get along with most of them.  Of course, as in all families, there is that one or two that are balancing on the tips of the branches, really wanting to be an important part of the flock, but their crazy squawking won't allow it.  All the others are nice to them in their own ways, but everyone knows, even the squawkers know, but they just can't help it.  Bless their beaks.  

Today is going to be another warm day in February.  I gathered quarters yesterday, so I'll be doing a couple loads of laundry this afternoon. 

 I try not to do it on Mondays or Tuesdays because the landlord is in his office on those days, and his office is connected to the laundry room, which causes it to be a little steamy in there, but I'll leave a door open since it's nice.  I need to fill out a work order, too.  It's gross, but my shower drain needs a good snakin'.  

Not a fan of standing in ankle deep water while I shower.  

Later that same morning, just turned noon...

My laundry is in the dryer, I was able to use the big washer and the big dryer, plus the dryer was warm from the last cycle, so that's a plus.  I'm back at my apt, trolley loaded for the dumpster, then I'll pick up my mail, grab my laundry and be home.  I have a couple of windows open, as it's 64 degrees right here right now.  Looking forward to setting up a bird feeder outside Greg's window.  

Besides going out to lunch tomorrow, I have zero plans for getting out in the world for the next few days.  Rain on Wednesday, and while still warm for February, the rest of the week will be chilly outside.  But my sweats will be clean, and my really cool socks will be, too.  I have one pair of really cool socks, and the underwear situation is not great.  I have other socks and I do have underwear, it's just time for some freshin' up.  

Ain't nothing like a brand new pair of undies, though, right?  

I guess I better close for now.  I will have done enough chores after I get my clothing put away to warrant a little "me time."

Play Nice!  xxoo

P.S.  Greg is amazed by the open window.  He's so smart! 

Valentine Kitty
Could be Valerie, Could be Valentino...
Hand stitched with a verigated pink embroidery floss
 and hand stuffed by me.
$15.00 + $5.00 s/h
One of a Kind!
Message me if you are interested.  

No comments:

Post a Comment