My Favorite Quote

The Possibilities Are Endless!

Thursday, May 18, 2023

Fitting In

 How in the world does a person do that?  Is it easy?  

Or maybe a better question, how do you know if the people you pal around with are really your friend?

Here's where my concerns are.  Every morning as I am having my coffee, I check in with a few family members and friends.  

I find myself wondering, though, what would happen if I didn't do that?  How many days would it take for them to notice that they haven't heard from me?

Or...are they keeping in touch because they might need something from me?  

I want the people that I care about know that I care about them.  But I'm not sure that they care about me the same way.  

In my previous life, there were people that I saw every day of the week.  We laughed together and drank beers together, and I thought we were all friends.  But since I have been gone, not one single one of them have reached out to me, to see if I was ok, what really happened, nothing.  Silence.  *insert crickets*

I understand that they were "his" friends first and foremost.  It jarred me, though.  Did they ever like me?  

I probably shouldn't worry about this, and I really don't "worry," I'm just trying to figure out how to know.  Because now I feel pretty stoopid for caring so much about them.  

Ok, enough about my insecurities.  They only rear their ugly heads once in a great while.  

I made a thing...


I am liking doing these on the canvas.  
This is on a printed canvas. Made for Mary.
It's her two orange cats, Buddy (on the bottom) and Boo.

My kids are coming for a visit from Germany next month.  I haven't squeezed them for about 3 years now, so every day I am getting more and more excited.  I have made something special for both the girls, and am working on a gift for the boy.  

I am so excited for them to see my new place, and to meet Greg.  The oldest knows that "Papa" and I are no longer together, but I don't know if the younger ones know.  I will leave that up to their mother to tell them, and I will give them age appropriate answers to their questions.  

He didn't deserve to be in their lives.  

Ok, before I get too involved in thinking about "that," I will leave you for now.  

Play Nice!  xxoo

Greg

Handmade by Cosmo

No comments:

Post a Comment