My Favorite Quote

The Possibilities Are Endless!

Monday, July 31, 2023

Adventures with Pleather

 

I call this one "Jewell"

This girl was an experiment, and I learned a lot!  I got the faux leather at Dollar Tree, a couple foot in a box...not too many colors to choose from.  

The pleather is pretty thin, so I used a thin needle.  With "regular" pleather, I use bigger needle.  

From a distance, she looks ok.  I was going to use some silver thread to give her some whiskers.  I was going to put a small diamond on the tip of her tail.  

I glued the jewels directly to the pleather using fabric fusion glue.  Before I stuffed her.  
    Lesson:  Glue jewels to felt, sew felt to body.  The jewels did not want to stick to the pleather.

I did not give the glue sufficient time to dry before I started stitching it together.  
    Lesson:  Let the glue dry, for goodness sakes!  

Smudges.  Can't remove them.  I tried.
And you can see the jewel lifting off the pleather.

So, once I admitted that this was not one that was going to leave this house, I stopped dolling her up.  She's still cute as heck, and I have a collection of white items, she will fit in perfectly there.  

Oh my goodness, I just discovered the PERFECT place to take photos, without having to get my whole photo box out!  

I cannot tell you how much I love it when ideas pop into my head.  I often wonder where those ideas come from.  Have you ever wondered how you think of something?  

Just a makeshift in the new location...
I'm really liking it.  
(Gotta  make a new backdrop)

Play Nice!  xxoo

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! It's a pity that a few things went not perfectly, but that's how we learn.
    I have two very weird little polymer clay and wire ladies with me, an idea that never made sense to follow through, but they still make me smile, and I'm sure Jewell will do the same for you.

    ReplyDelete