My Favorite Quote

The Possibilities Are Endless!

Wednesday, September 8, 2021

The Escape of Mario


 These are my canines.  Maria is a Pom/Sheltie, and Mario is all the terriers in the entire world mixed into one glorious Terrier.

Both are rescues from our local animal shelter.  They are great dogs.  I've had Maria for 6 years, and Mario for 5.  I just love them so much.  They are so smart, and they know us and our habits so well.

Today, for some reason, our gate to the backyard was open when I came home from the golf course.   I didn't notice it because I'm all caught up in the turmoil of my whatever he is next mood swing.

Maria, being the little angel that she is, stayed in the back yard.  Mario, however, set off on an adventure.  I headed one way around the block, whatever he is went the opposite direction. 

 Both of us yelling "MAR-EEE-OOO." Because when you dog is missing, you holler for it to come home.

Of course, yelling at the top of our lungs is bound to get some neighbors involved.  I was about half way around the block, when I turned to go back home.  One of us needed to be there when he came back.

So, I am sweating, huffing and puffing, when I see the neighbor lady point, and there he was! 

I called him and he came running like he'd been lost for hours!

So here's where the crazy part comes in.  Of course it is about whatever he is.  

We were a team effort to find our dog.  I tried to extend that to having a sit on the patio.  Nope.  

Totally ignored.  And honestly, I am the only person in this world that cares for him.  Well, used to.

Not so much now.  Like, really, zero cares.  

I have big things coming up, I don't know what they are yet but I can feel they are coming, as soon as I can shed this craptastic life for one that I will enjoy.  I figure I have about 40 more years left.  I want them to be awesome!

Play Nice!  xxoo


No comments:

Post a Comment